The role of the Regulatory Reporting Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic environment where you will have the chance to help shape and drive forward the regulatory reporting function of Accelerant’s subsidiary in Europe. You will oversee and perform Solvency II related regulatory and accounting work including the continued development of the Solvency II regulatory reports and filings, with a dual focus on capital (including reinsurance) and liquidity management.
As new regulatory requirements or organisational changes arise, you will conduct an impact analysis of the new requirements or changes on accounting and reporting policies, practices and procedures. Furthermore, you will apply your technical skills in a variety of financial and operational projects. Finally, you will also support management decision making and will provide forward looking insights in respect of the implications on capital and liquidity requirements.
The team that you will join:
You will be reporting to the local Chief Financial Officer of Accelerant Insurance Europe S.A. We are a small team focused on the end-to-end financial management of the legal entity across valuations. You will work closely with colleagues across the organisation and geographies, especially within our Risk Management and Actuarial functions and our centralised Insurance Accounting Hub.
You will thrive if you are:
- Are a self-starter who is comfortable working a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- A team-player who actively build relationships with your peers in a remote working environment.
- Someone who can work confidently on his/her own, yet you have the judgment and courage to know when to ask for support on any given task.
You will be successful if you have:
- A proven history of challenging the status quo, and you can engage independently and with confidence with senior stakeholders in the organisation.
- At least 5 years’ experience in financial management and reporting within an insurance organisation.
- A professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, AIA, FIA) coupled with previous experience in Solvency II reporting and comprehensive financial accounting and reporting knowledge.
- A sound understanding of the importance of robust financial controls and data integrity, and you can shape the control procedures for key Solvency II reporting processes.
- A strong ability to use Excel, Word and PowerPoint (any experience in Solvency II calculation engines such as Tagetik would be an advantage).
- The ability to communicate fluently in English (additional fluency in French would be an asset).
Accelerant is a data-driven, technology-fueled insurance platform that empowers underwriters to more effectively serve their insureds. We’re using advanced data intelligence tools to rebuild the way that underwriters share and exchange risk. With a current focus on the small and medium-sized businesses that power our global economy and their niche insurance needs, we align incentives to improve outcomes for everyone. Our full-service risk exchange supports our carefully selected, best-in-class network of underwriting teams. We leverage granular information on each policy to deliver unprecedented insight into insurance pools, and our specialty portfolio is fully diversified with very low catastrophe, aggregation or systemic risk. We’re proud to have been awarded an AM Best A- (Excellent) rating. For more information, please visit www.accelins.com.
To apply, please send an email to: Adriaan.Van.Wijk@accelins.com