The role of Data Modeller
As a Data Modeller at Accelerant, you will be responsible for helping the Product Engineering team be successful in delivering high value solutions that fuel the Accelerant platform enabling the exchange of risk. The primary focus of this role is to work on developing and implementing data models for analytics. The ideal candidate is a highly skilled professional who is passionate about working with data, and developing advanced models, a good communicator, detail-oriented, and experienced working with Data Vault and Dimensional modelling techniques.
How will you spend your time
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to understand data requirements and translate them into robust data models using both Data Vault and Dimensional modelling techniques.
- Working within the product engineering team ensuring that the data models are correctly implemented.
- Staying up to date with industry trends and best practices in data modelling, analytics, and data platform development.
- Developing and maintaining documentation for data models and data flows.
- Executing governance related activities; producing standards & guidelines, participating in model reviews & ensuring conformance to policy.
You will be successful if you have
- A passion for technology, products, data, and Accelerant’s mission.
- 5+ years of experience in data modelling, with expertise in both Data Vault and Dimensional modelling.
- Experience working with and analysing data.
- Experience working in the insurance industry.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- An eagerness to learn and collaborate with others, quick learner and able to work with little supervision.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and sense of urgency in a fast-paced, high-performance environment.
You will thrive if you are
- A self-motivated, results-driven individual with a passion for data modelling, database development, and analytics.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- A problem solver with the skills to gain commitment and collaboration from individuals throughout the organization that do not directly report to you.
- Able to work with and gain the trust and support of individuals throughout the organization.
- Willing and eager to work hard, and able to balance conflicting schedule demands.
To apply, please send your resume/ email to: firstname.lastname@example.org