The credit control function is part of the Operations organisation at Accelerant. The team is required to manage the cash collections, cash reconciliations and debt management covering 50+ speciality underwriters within Europe and UK, at Accelerant we call them members.
Accelerant is looking for an experienced Credit Control Manager to join our Operations Team, this role will report into the Chief Operations Officer UK and Europe. You will work alongside the Business Operations Director, Outsource teams, Member Data Managers, Technology and Finance teams, to manage the credit control procedures at Accelerant.
We are looking for a Credit Control Manager to effectively manage and improve the cash collection and payables processes within the organisation. Utilising your experience of reducing aged debtors whilst managing customer relationships. Effectively managing and coaching team members with a result driven approach.
- Overseeing collection procedures and being a point of escalation for the Credit Controllers on difficult to collect cashes.
- Weekly reviews of ledgers to ensure that cash collections are effective
- Regular review of procedures in credit control with the aim of continuous improvement in the department's effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensuring that targets for debt are met and aim to continuously improve upon such targets with improved working practices.
- Periodic report of bad debt provision and amounts to be written off
- Monthly review of debtors' ledgers
o Providing detailed documentation on the collection process to explain the action taken or the promises made to clients/by clients
- Advising management of any risk exposure and potential bad debt
- Assisting in the implementation of new procedures
- Investigating and resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding items
- Working with the outsource credit control team to ensure daily targets are being met
- Work closely with senior management to develop the reporting processes, controls, and systems
- Assist in maintaining and improving internal controls to ensure compliance
Skills and qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and flexibility dealing with significant operational change.
- Able to take direction and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision, maintain accuracy, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills around highly technical items
The technical skills and experience you'll need to be proficient are:
- 3+ years Credit Controller and Cash Collection experience
- Strong reconciliations exposure
- Exposure to multiple currencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Articulate and confident in person, able to fit into a fast paced, dynamic environment A 'can do attitude' and ability to build relationships across different levels of the business.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and contribute to team objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data management tools
Accelerant is a data-driven, technology-fueled insurance platform that empowers underwriters to serve their insureds more effectively. We’re using advanced data intelligence tools to rebuild the way that underwriters share and exchange risk. With a current focus on the small and medium-sized businesses that power our global economy and their niche insurance needs, we align incentives to improve outcomes for everyone. Our full-service risk exchange supports our carefully selected, best-in-class network of underwriting teams. We leverage granular information on each policy to deliver unprecedented insight into insurance pools, and our specialty portfolio is fully diversified with very low catastrophe, aggregation or systemic risk. We’re proud to have been awarded an AM Best A- (Excellent) rating. For more information, please visit www.accelins.com.
To apply, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org